Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beautiful day and a little work

We have had some beautiful days. This fall has proved to be a nice one. We have had a few days with rain and wind but the nice days have been so nice that I can put up with a bit of rain and wind. Now today the wind is back and the rain is on its way.
I have been continued to work on my Paul Klee inspired piece with shot cottons. I think it is coming along nicely. The bottom is going to be straight but the sides will be random and I am going to quilt the black area to mirror the shapes within the body of the piece with colored thread. The pieces are done with needle turn applique and I will hand quilt this piece. I am loving it, I hope the rest of my plans for it are a good choice.

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece and wish I could hand quilt it for you just to have it in my hands and feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking wonderful! I'm loving it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Paul Klee inspired quilt is going to be beautiful. Needle turn & hand quilt - that's a lot of sewing there! Happy Autumn warm wishes from Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you're doing here.....and your sunset pic is fabulous!
    you won the book.........so email me your address and I'll stick it in the mail tomorrow before I leave town!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete