Thursday, February 17, 2011

My first quilt run

I spent 3 days this last week participating in my first "Quilt Run" Two of my quilt friends and I traveled the entire Oregon Coast and visited 14 quilt shops. We had a great time. I had imagined we would visit the quilt shops and have lots of time to visit and do hand work and beach walking while we were at our hotel. I was so surprised. I think I sewed for about an hour in three days. We drove, ate, shopped, laughed and talked for 3 days. It was such fun to do this with some incredible quilters and I feel I learned so much from them in many ways especially when it comes to choosing fabric... I have a new outlook on the whole process.

We decided to create our own challenge. We would each purchase a fat quarter in each shop to coordinate with a focus fabric we had. We will then cut the fabric in half and give each person our fabric and in turn we will make something with their fabric and we will exchange our quilts on the Winter Solstice this year. So I will have adequate time to create something but I hope my work can measure up and that my friends will like what I create. It will truly be a challenge for me. A welcome one though.

I think it is so inspiring to spend time with people who are so creative and FUN!

I am still working on sending out good and positive thoughts in a challenging time. I figure if I send out good thoughts the same will return. :-)



2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great trip!! Hope things ease soon, sending lots of happy vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you such a wonderful fun vacation.
    Such a great project. I cant wait to see the final product.
    By the way I loved my valentines card. Thank you thank you. It made my day

    ReplyDelete