Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! Mom, you set such a wonderful example for me!

This is a photo I received last week from my parents, they are in Stockholm, visiting my son. I have been having such fun hearing all about what they have been doing. In June, Mark and I are going to be visit. I am so very pleased that they are spending time together!

I apologize for my absence from writing in my blog. As many of you know I have been visiting and reading just not writing. I don't know what has come over me I have just not felt much like writing. Last weekend I even painted our master bath and have worked this week on doing all of the other little things that go along with painting. I even removed all the caulking around the tub and shower door and replaced it. :-) I am proud of myself!

I have been sewing and keeping myself busy. I am continuing to work on the colorful quilt which is a very slow process. I am doing a quilt challenge with the Port Orford quilt guild it is called the Tennie Weenie Quilt Challenge. They do a challenge every few months, this one has a summer theme. Everyone brings a yard of summer fabric and it is cut in strips and divided among the participants. I have 18 strips of fabric that the only thing they have in common is the fact they made the purchaser think of summer. I have started the design process so I will show you photos soon.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. lovely picture!!! and a happy mothers day to you.....ours was 4 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Connie!

    xo

    ReplyDelete