Thursday, September 1, 2011

Karen Kay Buckley Class


Back in July our Quilt Guild had Karen Kay Buckley come to Gold Beach and taught her process for applique. It was a full class and we all enjoyed Karen and her teaching. I was fortunate to spend some extra time with Karen and have dinner with her two evenings and walking on the beach after. She was very fun, and easy going.

Her process of applique is to use Templar templates and spray starch. I enjoyed learning her process. I enjoy using needle turn for my applique but I can see where by using both I can have my shapes more precise when needed. My favorite part was her process for circles. My circles have never been very precise now I can make the "Perfect Circle"

The photo above was the pattern we received in the class called "Garden Medley" I am using shot cottons in my piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment