Friday, October 2, 2009

Playing


I have been practicing my fusing and free motion quilting. I decided to do it with letters. I found an old book the other day and the copyright date is 1890 and the first letter of each page was embellished and they were so wonderful so I thought it would be fun to try and do embellished letters in fabric.

These are just experimentation at this point and I am not sure where they will take me but in the meantime I am having great fun with them. I do calligraphy so it seems only fitting that I do something with letters and I have been thinking about many options and this is one of them. I think I will also do some handwork on them so I hope to have an improved version to show you later in the weekend.

I apologize for my jumping from one project to the next but that seems to feel right at this point in time. I hope all of you have a great weekend. We are expecting rain and I am looking forward to that so I can play with fabric. :-)

3 comments: