Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hi there, I have been working on my unfinished projects these days and have not taken the time to write in my blog. I just have to visit for a bit this morning.

The piece in the photo is a small piece that is ready to be quilted but first I have to decide if it is the size it will stay. My photo transfer of the aspen tree as ended up in the center and I am not crazy about that so the size of this will probably change in the near future. I will be cropping and chopping soon. Then some machine quilting and possibly a few added embeleshments.

Now on to my real unfinished projects. I have been hand quilting my Celtic knot and it is coming along nicely but I have packed it away until next week when I am flying to Dallas to visit my Brother and Wife. Mark will be celebrating his birthday while we are there and I have purchased Cowboy Game Tickets and Stadium tour tickets for him. He is a big Dallas Cowboy fan. So the Celtic Knot will be the perfect project to work on while in the plane and airports.

I have also begun quilting the Western Quilt I have been working on for the last year or so... I have added several boarders to complete this. I am hand quilting this one also. It will have western brands quilted in the light color squares and Arrows in the sashing.

So now time will tell on what projects I finish by January first. It feels so good to have these further than just tops. I hope all is well with all of you and as soon as the sun comes out again I will post photos of the quilting in these .....

2 comments:

  1. The Celtic knot is beautiful and I love the energy in your Western Quilt!
    have a super time visiting your brother, and I hope the Cowboys win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping you are well. I'm back on my feet again and loving life. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete