Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am looking for some inspiration. I have been having a tough time getting motivated. I seem to be traveling in a circle and not able to focus. I have spent a good part of my days reading blogs and looking at my photographs. I have been reading some wonderful embroidery blogs. I have always loved doing hand work and I think I need to be doing something along those lines. But time will tell. I hope I can focus better tomorrow.

I want to thank all of you creative bloggers who are keeping my creative juices flowing.

3 comments:

  1. I discovered recently that when I need motivation a do an ATC, with any method I would like to try and sometimes from the result I do something bigger, that's the case of my "Valentine's Dove" that I posted in my blog. The beauty of working in something so small is that you can finish it in no time and feel accomplished plus you can send it to someone and make her/him smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marga's comment, but I've also found that I need the added structure of taking a class. So, I take a lot of online classes, like the one I'm taking from Joggles right now with Jane LaFazio. That keeps me centered and in the studio. As soon as I get myself into the studio and working, I keep going, but if I have no particular reason to get out there, I tend to fritter away my days.

    I am no stranger to your feelings!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is so pretty - an iris of some sort?

    I LOVED your idea about using the 50s brochures for transfers. What a cool idea! Sounds like you've got quite a treasure trove.

    You know, some days are just like that - no motivation. For me, I find it is better to just go with it. Spend the day doing ANYTHING else - reading, cooking, gardening, shopping - get something accomplished in some other area of your life. A few days away and you'll be itching to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete