Sunday, February 1, 2009

I had this square of pieced fabric that was an experiment that did not go very well. It has been hanging around and bothering me. I should either do something with it or throw it. So yesterday I practiced my stippling. Then after finishing the stippling I decided it would be a good shopping bag. So I made it into a bag like a brown paper bag. I think it works quite well for this. I will have the best and wildest grocery bag next time I go to the market.

In the stippling department I would welcome any advice on getting my stitches to be the same size. I assume I just need to practice.

I hope all if you are having a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I love the stripes! And I love the idea of making it the same sort of shape as a brown paper bag! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice, practice, practice. From what I can tell, that's the key to stippling / free motion quilting. Other important thing - relax. No tension in your shoulders, arms, hands or you'll be really stiff/sore really quickly. Relax and practice. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete