Monday, June 29, 2009


Here is the third pillow I made for our bed. This one is the best, I think. I am having such fun making pillows. I practiced my free motion quilting a bit more and it is getting better. My stitches are becoming more uniform and the curves are smother. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Karen is home today and she sounded so good when I talked to her this morning. I am sure she is enjoying being home with her family. In a couple of weeks she will go back to the doctor and they will make sure all is working properly. However she said there is one thing she can not do for 6 weeks that is going to be a challenge, she can not lift her left arm up. It could pull out the leads to her heart. I spent the day seeing if I could do that and it is really tough. No pull over shirts, no reaching for things in the upper cupboards and the list goes on and on. I hope it becomes second nature to her but I imagine it will be a real challenge for a while. Thanks to all of you who sent good thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that would be remarkably difficult, I wish her good luck.

    The pillow is a beauty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i just loved these pillows....they are so very colourful...excellent work....
    Please do visit mine at...
    www.cherishingspaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Connie I had no ideo you were that talented at sewing! I mean I saw how great you were with knitting (I still the hat you made me for winter!) but this is a piece of art!
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete