Tuesday, January 6, 2009


Do you ever save something and you are not sure why. Well here is something that falls into that category. We received several boxes of things from my mother in laws home and in one of those boxes was a notebook full of old travel brochures from the 1950's. I could not bring myself to get rid of them. While going through them I decided to make a western quilt, using transfers of portions of maps and illustrations from those brochures. So here is the beginning. It in the very early stages and I am not sure how it will come together at this point. I am having fun going back in time with them.

2 comments:

  1. Connie,
    By the looks of your quilting keep posting ans you'll have friends from all over stopping by to see what your up to. Glad to have you in Blogland...It's really fun. Get involved in a few swaps and sign up for one world one heart for sure! You'll meet lots of people!
    Blessings,
    Terisa
    aka running with scissors

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the brochures--that's going to be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete