Sunday, April 19, 2009

I decided to take part in an on line Quilt Festival. Thank you Park City Girl for this opportunity to share one of my favorite and my second quilt.

This is my first attempt to follow instructions. I usually just kind of do my own thing when it comes to quilting. The Center is a pattern for Ricky Tim's Book Convergence Quilts. It is a very cool book. I started out just making the center square and had such fun that I decided I wanted to make it into a lap quilt. So here it is. I hand quilted it and one of my favorite things is in the border and I quilted random circles of various sizes. If you click on the photo you should be able to see the circles.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Tomorrow I am off to Boring, Oregon to see my guide dog puppy Bronx and wish him well with his new blind partner. I wrote about Bronx on my blog on April 13th if you missed it.

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Connie--I love it! Ricky Tims does some wonderful things, doesn't he?
    Enjoy your time with Bronx tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt. Ricky Tims is an incredible quilter. The quilting is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I am going to have to remember the circles the next time I quilt something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost trashed my first convergence effort & it turned out to be a quilt I actually love! Good choice for the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your version. Interesting color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so gorgeous!
    Do have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! Very unique and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific piece! Enjoy the festival

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Great quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a beautiful quilt.....I love it...Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the Convergence idea -- don't you love that book of Ricky's? Keep creating!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job following instructions, the quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. d'après "convergence" très réussi ,j'en ai fait un il est toujours en stand by pour la bordure ,ce festival permet de trouver d'autres idées et voir d'autre blog ,une grande source d'inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. The corners really make it pop, beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete