Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lots of free motion quilting going on here

I have been practicing and playing with my free motion quilting. I am also trying to make a few small things to possibly try and sell, I am not sure if I will but I thought it would be kind of fun to try and see what I can come up with. This is kind of a funky round pin cushion.
Now this is the mystery project I did with Mrs. Moen from Norway. I love the rosters. Now I did not follow the instructions very well so I have a few of the pieces in the wrong places but I liked the way it turned out so I assembled the squares and made this table runner. I also did some stippling on this. It was a great thing to practice on.
Now last but not least I had a request to show my binding on the 9 patch. It is nothing special but I do like the way it turned out. I used scraps for this so it would blend with the rest of the quilt. I have also ordered a new dust ruffle for the bed it will be on so I will take photos of the completed room when I finish. However, it may be a while because now that I have made a new quilt I think the room needs to be painted and I need to make some pillow shams.... The ideas never end. I just need more time, on second thought I am so fortunate to do what I want to do I will not complain. :-) I hope all of you are having a great week.

Oh, I love binding a quilt. I think it is my favorite part of quilting...

2 comments:

  1. Your pin cushion is really great! Are you going to open an Etsy shop?
    I detest binding...my least favorite part! I'm about to make a duvet cover for a new comforter....hope it won't require painting the bedroom as well! LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Look at all the great things you are creating. I love the pin cushion and the roosters are too cool!

    ReplyDelete