Thursday, March 25, 2010

Slow Progress

The progress is slow on this piece but Oh, am I ever enjoying putting it together. I have yet to get a photo with the colors exact but this is close.

It is really fun to be putting something together with a very loose plan. I think this is my favorite way of working. I am still contemplating how it will be quilted but for now it is just a nice thing to pick up and play with. I am about half finished, the piece is being dictated by the size of the black fabric I am using for my backing.

I hope all of you are enjoying your week.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! This is looking fabulous. LOVE the way you are combining colour and shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ahve jsut found your blog thru Judy's blog list!!! Beautiful work! I am also a big fan of handwork and I lvoe the color and method that youa re using on this piece!! Simply stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought when I first saw this in your last post that it would be clever to be appliqued onto black....and lo and behold, that is exactly what you are doing! How clever indeed!! LOL
    How large will this be when it is completed?....and will it really be necessary to quilt? It is so lovely just as it is.
    I'm glad to see that Elizabeth found you....you and she are two of my favorite people!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Connie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete