Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snow in Austin

When I flew into Austin last week it was snowing and the flight after mine from Dallas had been canceled. I had not seen snow since Christmas in Colorado and did not think I would have to deal with snow in Texas... It was quite a surprise to see so much snow.
After I arrived at my parents house my dad came out and made a snowman. He was a cute little guy. However something was missing. In their yard was a prickly pear cactus which made for perfect ears. I think he is a very cute little guy. It was so strange to be in Texas in late February and have the weather be so cold and strange.

2 comments:

  1. The ears on that snowman made me laugh outloud! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and cute! My sister lives in Austin and was hoping to go for a sled ride, alas the snow had already melted by the time her work day ended. Glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete