Sunday, May 3, 2009



I have had a busy weekend. It started out Saturday morning, helping with a "Kids Art Festival". I was asked to do a project with some kids at our local Art Festival. My daughter suggested I do marble painting with the kids. This is good for any age and they seem to love doing it. To paint with marbles you put drops of acrylic paint on paper inside a box and then drop marbles in and roll them around in the paint. I was amazed at how much fun the kids had. They really came up with some fun color combination's. I thought it went well. I am sorry that I forgot that I had my camera with me while they were painting so my photos are of some of their work. Then Saturday evening they had a Gala and presentation of awards for the Festival itself. This was the first year they held this event and the place was packed. I think everyone had a good time.

In between when I had a minute or two I worked on my Celtic knot. I will show you more photos when the knots are done. I will not bore you with more pictures of the progress.


Today I made an apron for myself and some of my 9 patch squares. I have 14 squares towards my scrappy quilt....

I hope all of you had a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you could adapt that marble painting to fabric! Wouldn't that be fun! I may just have to try it.
    I love your celtic knot work....but it looks like a lot of work to me!
    It really is a good feeling when the chores at home get done, but boy they can be daunting! I hate to iron too. Now that my dh is retired, he does all of his own ironing...and I don't argue with him about that! LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete