Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My loom has a name

I have finally spent some more time with my loom. I have decided to name her Sophie. For some reason that seems to fit her. I have been doing quite a bit of research about my loom and I finally attached the harnesses. This loom has 4. I am still a bit unsure of how to attach the pedals but that will come. It has been a challenge to do something that I never thought I would get to do again. I learned to weave in College and have not done any since and that was 30 years ago.
Once I attach the pedals to the harnesses then the next step will be to warp the loom. I have decided my first project will be weaving some rag rugs. I have a book with some great information so I hope I can make it work.

I am happy to be progressing a bit even if it has taken me a while.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, weaving has always been something I'd like to learn to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Sophie is gorgeous!!!
    Looks like a counterbalance... is that right? My very neglected but dear to me loom, is a 4 harness jack type. Do you have "A Handweaver's Pattern Book" by Marguerite Porter Davison? That was a real favorite of mine as it had so many beautiful patterns. Good luck on finishing setting her up... looking forward to seeing your rag rugs!

    ReplyDelete