Sunday, August 9, 2009

Playing

This week while reading the blogs I follow I saw some work that really inspired me. Terry who has a blog called Sew It Goes posted some doodling with her sewing machine. This is my attempt. I am very new to free motion quilting so this is a beginners attempt but I really had fun. This is just a practice piece which has no real design concept but I think I learned how to move the fabric a bit with each pattern I tried.
It was a nice break from sewing 9 patch squares for my queen size quilt. I have to say sewing squares together is getting old but I just make myself do a few a day and I am getting there. I have also begun sewing squares together for the boarder.

3 comments:

  1. It looks lik eyou did a good job. I sew all the time and I just have the hardest time getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete