Sunday, August 9, 2009

Walking in the woods

On Friday I went with some friends to the Stout Grove. It is in the Jedediah Smith State Park in Northern California. It is just a magical place in the Redwood Forest.
Growing up in Wyoming I was used to small evergreen trees that grow in the harsh conditions in the mountains of the Rockies. To be in amongst these giant trees is amazing to me every time I see them. We had a nice drive and walk. Unfortunately I have yet to take a photo that I feel does them justice, yet I keep trying. For those of you who are Star War fans some of the scenes from the Return of the Jedi were filmed in the Redwoods of Northern California.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. So incredibly beautiful, apparently my fiance has rafted the Smith river.

    We'll have to make a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job with the photos. Although, I've had a chance to walk amongst talk trees and know how it feels to be there. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these photos. You are so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete