Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Visiting old friends and making new ones

I traveled to Ashland yesterday. I had a late lunch with my son which is always fun. I was able to stay with a good friend and go to dinner. This was the lovely drink I had. I just thought it was so pretty I had to take a photo of it. It was a lemon drop with some extras. MMMM Good.
So, today about noon I picked up our exchange student in Medford and drove the long 3 hour drive home. We spent the time getting to know each other. Miche does a good job of speaking and understanding english but it does not come easy for her. I do not speak any Spanish so we had some interesting moments trying to understand each other. She is a very sweet girl and I think it will all go well.

An added surprise when we arrived in town was the reader board at the high school, they posted a welcome for her. Living in a small town does have its benefits.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that the school did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for Miche to see her 'name in lights' :) Cute picture of her--I bet you'll have a lot of fun this year.

    ReplyDelete